Monday 29 October 2012

Tim Burton






Tim burton is one of my most favourite film directors, but I love his character deigns concepts and ideas. Most of his characters all share the same physical appearances, this being top heavy. With long thin limbs, small feet, short or small bodies and large heads, I enjoy this style of character making but like in the films it does cores problems with stability.

This is just me, but I some of his character's look a lick. A very good example of this is the main protagonists Vincent and Emily from the copies bride, and jack skellington and sally from the nightmare befor Christmas although the two films have nothing to do with each other; the main character's appearances are very similar. That being said, jack is much slender and taller than Vincent.






But not all his character deigns have this top heavy feel to them, an example of this is the design of Edward scissorhands hands. The design still has a slender feel but the limbs are more proportion to the body.
I like character designs that don’t follow a traditional human like form guild line. So this is why I like Tim Burton’s work and why it inspires me and influence me in my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment