Wednesday 15 May 2013

My game...failed


Zero Star 0.1
This is my 1st attempt at the game and I failed.. The idea was to have the “hotel” in near darkness with minimum light. My original idea would have “fireflies” as the light source, but I have no idea how I would be able to achieve this, so it was scrapped.


The lighting in this 1st attempt was too bright,, though when I was making the game, in unity the game level appeared to be dark, but that was mainly due to the screen monitor being on “dim”… so in reality one the game was exported it turned out to be damn bright, Oops
These are in game screen grabs and it shows how bright the areas are, the feel I was amining for was creepy and dark,,, the lights weren’t the only down side, missing textures were another, and scale.
 

In the concept I had given no thought about the external, and since it’s a “hotel” the rooms would have windows, In general my main problem was lighting, no matter how few lights I had, or at what intensity, the rooms were still too bright.



No comments:

Post a Comment