Monday 31 March 2014

Blender Over Maya (again)


I say again because I talked about both programs last year.  For this project I will be using blender. For the pure reason of I’ve used it longer, and know its layout and processes better. Meaning a faster workflow. Since this brief is kind of short since we have others that lap over with it.  And like I said I’ve more accustomed to blender then Maya, meaning I can make, rig, texture and animate multiple “things” faster. then to try and do a crash cause on Maya just to get irritated.

Even though I am capable of modelling and rigging a character in Maya, I’m not a fan of its UV Editor. Or the slightly lack of freedom with animating the rig…
Example being, you can set up an IK chain in the characters legs AND arm, so you only need to move the foot for the leg to move, and hand for the arm to move. Where as Maya its best NOT to have an IK chain in the arm (because IK chains are normally used for interactions with other objects like floors or walls).


But other then the butcher throwing the elder brother, they is no real interaction between the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment