Tuesday 25 March 2014

CoP2 Studio brief

What will you do?.


The area of study I will be looking at is transmedia. Mainly How transmedia today works in reverse, -e.g rather than the basic sense of idea to book, to Cartoon, To game, then to film (or Film to game).In today’s standers transtemdia works in any direction, being Star wars or Doctor Who both Franchises have spread across all media and platforms. And how the use of transmedia has helped preserve a franchise over the years.
For the Artefact I plan on making a “short” video animation that will explore one genres process through different media’s, and how each type of media aided its development.  I will do this by giving visual examples of the cross overs as well as the characters design/looks across medias.



New ideas.

My original idea was to use Star Wars as the focus point. But since didn’t talk about Star wars in my essay, I will be covering Assassin’s Creed’s journey through Transmedia. The reason if this is because Assassin’s creed is seen as “ the most successful transmedia project ever.”. So with this in mind, the video I intend to make will be a visualisation of the essay, the parts the essay covered, and didn’t.
I will do this via a series of onscreen text and imagery, as well as some examples of its move across media, as well as some un office fan made projects. The idea is to mimic/replicate the Animus’s desktop data banks, where the files would open up and display the required image .


How does it fit in with the essay?


In the essay I talk about Assassin’s Creed’s journey through thrasmedia, and what each media type was used for. In the video piece I took the information, as well as some additional information and set it out in sup chronological line. Giving visual examples of its journey, from the 1st game, to the upcoming game and movie .


No comments:

Post a Comment