Monday 31 March 2014

Research 2 Depth of Field and Snow





The story is set in the winter; this is evidenced by the following details
“The blizzard was raging fiercely around them as the brothers stumbled down the long road. They were miles from any farm, and knew they had to seek shelter or freeze to death”

so I needed to find out who to make it snow, without crashing the program with un needed geometry. This meant I would need to play around with a partial simulator. By default the simulator is set to hair. By following a somewhat simple tutorial from BlenderGuru.com (Andrew .P. Price) I was able to add snow. As well as making it behave like snow (rather then falling straight down like rain..


However they was a problem I was unable to resolve, and that was the size. Some of the flakes were too large and when they floated passed the camera you could clearly see they were simple hexagons.
The Story details a blizzard, but all I managed to sum up was light snow (even though the emitter count was over 60000, and yet it’s still was not enough)

Also as I said in Post 12, the background will be out of focuses, of I needed to found out how to add Depth of Field. Again following a tutorial from Blender Guru I was able to achieve by applying the following settings




No comments:

Post a Comment