Thursday 15 January 2015

09 blend shapes and Spline IK


This project would allow me to practice something that might be helpful, blend shapes so ‘mika’ can perform facial expressions, being simple blink and mouth open close. At 1st I just made a few blandshapes on improvisation, some blinks, some eyebrow movement and some faces,, but these didn’t feel right, and were limited. So I created my own little Blend shape guide bored [fig1] from here I was able to create a selection of faeces for ‘mika’ including variants of blinks (happy blink, angry blink) as well as the much needed A,E,I,O,U for some lip syncing if I ever need it




A cool little addon but not 100% needed was the use of IK splines, why did I need this? Well ‘mika’ is wearing a string tied hoody, and what hoody is complete without,,, well ‘them annoying bits if useless string that hits you in the face’ so I added some, but I was struggling to work out how they worked, how it should be added to the rig,, am I meant to parent the Toggles to the Clavicles, or spine?.. only one way to find out, save the file an break the rig. And break I did, several times infact and a few times I didn’t notice and accidentally saved over the file,,,yeah..the IK splines and BlendShapes can really break the rig/model of your not carful


No comments:

Post a Comment