Thursday 15 January 2015

01, CoP3 Essay and Artefact


For my level 6 CoP3 dissertation  I will be taking a deeper look into animation and develop a better understanding on its process and development. To do this I will need to look into how to make the subject matter appear alive, give them weight rather having an animation that is stiff, lifeless and broken. This means I will need to develop my skills with Maya, to do this I will need to look at relevent online tutorials (both free and subscriptions based) as well as books and guides on timing of animation, in addition I will need to watch a wide selection of animated films (stop motion, 2d, CGI..) and take note on common connections. Also I will be watching a few. “Behind the scenes of…/ making of..” will also be helpful

For the practical element it will be mostly first hand trial and error animation, modelling, rigging and simulation testing with Maya and documenting my findings for future use and referencing…


After some feedback it was recommended that I should try and expand my knowledge further by using Motion capture and instead of just a simple walk, run, jump cycle, I should animate something that can dance?..

No comments:

Post a Comment