Thursday 15 January 2015

12, Editing with After Effects


At the start of this project I never thought I would have to touch Adobe After Effects again. but I was wrong, the project idea, mixing 2D and 3D assists together would need some degree of compositing and masking. And even thou it was time consuming and mind numbingly boring, it was rewarding to see something that was one on a piece of paper to finally be inside a 3D environment.

The animation is 10 seconds long, and as you can see below I got to about 6 second before i was ready to throw my hands in the air and say "that's it, I quit I'm done". but I refused and tried to get a few extra seconds (since it was getting on to be 10:40 Pm, day before the deadline). in the end i managed to Mask 7 seconds and 8 frames.



As you can see above, i had to do ALOT of key framing, and even then some parts ended up with weird artifices and errors, probably not the best mothered of masking ever seen, but since in parts the character moved quite a bit, (lifting her arms,moving, and of course her hair). this meant I had a lot of extra points when she moved and said points weren't needed, so I just made a couple of extra blanks (Black, yellow and Light green) to house the extra points for later use, this meant I could speed up the masking a little since i didn't have to move points that weren't gonna make any effect. As a bonus since i was working in 12 Frames per seconds (each frame doubled). i didn't have to worry about odd blending between points.

Finally, i am pleased with the outcome and enjoyed masking, re visiting After Effects was confiding at start but then it became rather simple and at about you just need to go into "auto-pilot"

No comments:

Post a Comment