Tuesday 27 May 2014

Why Cyan-Co?

In my presentation I was asked a simple question, “why Cyan-Co and why the logo” so here is the reason why.

Until presently I have been using “Cyan-Co” as my online “face” For Example I have a DevianART account under the name of Cyan-Co, there I tend to upload any drawing related items I do, and maybe the odd 3D Turntable and college related stuff. In addition I have recently created a YouTube Account under the name of Cyan-Co Animation”, there I will upload any video pieces, test or finished item, and both accounts have the same thumbnail avatar image, my Cyan-Co Logo.

Now, since Making “Cyan Co” I have started to put my logo somewhere in my drawings, but I noticed something when digging out some of my old school work, the logo was there, it’s always been there, I have subconsciously  been drawing this logo since I was in school,. Granted at that time it didn’t have pencils but still, the basic design was where

here are a few drawings I did before Cyan co was made/the logo, as you can see most of the logos appear as a clothing graphic, but also mainly only on the right shoulder of a male character 


And here are the ones after Cyan-co was made. after i became aware of this logos appearance in some of my drawings i started to use it as my personnel logo,.  and as you can see below, it still appears on the right arm (With exemption of the PonyHeart,,,lets pretend we didn't see that example)



and here. on the fare right is the arm plate the elder brother wears in "brothers Revenge" for the sake of the animation (and time setting) i decided not to include the pencils, much like on Grim Reaper's Scythe. The Scythe's Logo Colour is red, for the soul preppies of consistency THe Reaper only have Black and Red, so having Blue/Cyan there would be off putting.




As for the name, its mainly a colour that I’ve liked since high school, but a more appropriate reason would be, out of all the colours “Cyan” is the name that simply sounds good. Before I went with “Cyan-Co” I was about to settle with “Crimson-co” again another colour name that sounds cool. “blue/ red-co” just doesn’t have that ring to it. in online gaming i once used the name "Cyan-Rose" then it changed to "Cyan-Core" Drop the RE and your left with co, "Cyan-Co"



No comments:

Post a Comment