Thursday 21 May 2015

19 of 25, Revelation,


Over the last few years its been pointed out to me by tutors. Family and friends that anything I do in animation just appear as floating and lacks gravity. And as time goes by my motivation and creativity is sapped away. When I model. Rig and texture something I am happy and really pleased with its outcome, and cant wait to start animating…. 20 minutes in I start losing any interest…3 hours later its just ticking me off…

As much as I love, well loved animating its started to get me down,,, oddly if the animation I’m doing is NOT directory project related or planned out via story bored and pre planning things like character designs, I find it much easier to do something faster. For example last years animation, Brothers revenge that was animated within 2 days (granted areas of the animation was poor…and well crap,, it was done in time) but this,,, Extended Practice’s animation, try as I may to stay with the story bored I just cant. Detailed or vague I work faster when its pure impulse and improvisation.

Before I have set my self to be an animation generalist, and I wanted to focused more on animation, but It accursed to me that I would be better off focusing towards to technical side, the modelling and rigging, and maybe the texturing rather then the animating side of things. I would still be an animation generalist, but it meant I would have a small bit more freedom and fun.

So in short up to a year ago i saw my self an an "animation generalist" mainly wanting to focus in the animation side, however, now i realize i would be better off branding my self as a 3d Modeler and animator generalist, basically meaning im still in animation, but also cross focused with the technical side of the 3d world.

No comments:

Post a Comment