Thursday 7 May 2015

25 of 32: Fur Simulation





Since the story is Little Red Riding Hood, I will need a Wolf, and a wolf needs fur right. So this allowed me to try out the Hair/Fur simulator. In theory applying fir to the mesh should be simple, the model was of a lowish polygon count, however this was not the case as the fur was not working, and it was taking too long to render single frames. (See blog 18, short cuts for details)

So after a few days of trying to get it working, i simply gave up and did a slightly poor UV textured version using Paint Tool Sai

Ironically after I made the texture, the fur started to work. Kind of… it looked messy (not in a good way). In the end I would use the fur but on low count settings and length just to add a small bit of detail to its texture... so here is the final result, im some what happy with the wolfs outcome,, but his legs just bug me to no end

(i would have used Gimp, but for some reason i cant get my Wacom tablet to work with it any more,,,windows 8..yeah) .



No comments:

Post a Comment