Thursday 21 May 2015

20 of 25 Cyan Co logo Update



Time for an update,a a logo update! and a program change.

my current Cyan Co logo has 2 variations,  a digitally drawn version (that is used mainly for avitairs or plasedon Final image work) , and a 3d animated one (for end of videos). the logo itself is a few years old, (i kinda,, created it because i needed a 'cutie mark' for my MLP OC..yea not the best reason to make a logo is it?...) but that is a different some what single toned version of the logo, the two im refuring to are as follows..


But it was pointed out to me that with my current standing, the logo is a little out dated, as in the two cyan colourd pencils that fly in,, they are both pencil, yes the idea of the logo was to have a slight symmetrical to the logo, but its a valid point, since i hardly ever actually used a 'stranded' pencil like a HB,, no i use my rather old Mechanical pencil (the kind you would get in a large pen set not the £2 ones)  and now my Wacom tablet.

So the idea was suggested that i should change the two cartoony pencils to something more real, and relevant, so that's what i did, in addition i slightly re designed the Cyan crest (the pencils may changed but they is no way that crest will change!)

Now why recreate the whole thing you might ask? simple,,, my old 3d logo was made and animated in,,,you guessed it, blender!,,, so i had to re make it in good new Maya (i still hate you maya,, dont think i like you just yet..ahum..) so i did just that, re made it in Maya, and as much as i hate to admit, Maya does have shaders that are 10 times better then blenders standerd flat ones,,, and on that note i used a mixture of Maya shaders and Mental ray shaders, since the crest does have a slight reflection to it, and so does my pencil since it has a metal tip



Finally, still keeping my old logo but with a new change. it would play at the start of the video and it would some what represent me and my nature (broken at times) since the 3d animated version is more of a post/end credits thing..


No comments:

Post a Comment