Friday 23 May 2014

04:What I did over summer: Drawing and DeviantART (3/3)



With the referrals out of the way it was time to relax, music on ~check~ favoured Mechanical pencil (0.7mm HB 2) ~check~ and after watching some of ‘Mark Crilley’s’ “How-To-Draw” videos I started to challenge myself with improving my drawing style, to move away from an overused manga style and try a semi realistic approach (kind of failed).  To try and find my own style that works for me.

With no fresh ideas I dug out my old school sketchbook and selected half decent images to improve and digitally colour.  Since I normally make my own ‘Steam Avatars” some of my online friends wanted to see more, and asked me to send them. Me not being too comfortable with emails, I made a DeviantART account under the name of Cyan-Co.


Soon after Friends Asked me to Draw his Spiral Knight and Sprite Character/pet from OOO’s game Spiral Knights to use for his YouTube Channel, so I agreed and made this. this was the 1st time drawing something for someone other them my self, and it was an interesting experience 

Soon after Friends Asked me to Draw his Spiral Knight and Sprite Character/pet from OOO’s game Spiral Knights to use for his YouTube Channel, so I agreed and made this. this was the 1st time drawing something for someone other them my self, and it was an interesting experienceSoon after Friends Asked me to Draw his Spiral Knight and Sprite Character/pet from OOO’s game Spiral Knights to use for his YouTube Channel, so I agreed and made this. this was the 1st time drawing something for someone other them my self, and it was an interesting experience






A few weeks passed and I started to talk to one of my friends about creepy pasta. And she dared me to draw my version of CreepyPasta’s much-used SlenderMan and Jeff, so I did. And it helped me to understand the relationship of lights and shadows to create depth and feeling, as well as the scene are just as important as the characters. So now anything I draw is now upload to DeviantART. Enjoy. DA cyan-co

No comments:

Post a Comment