Friday 23 May 2014

06: My Skill Set(s)


I am here on my 2nd year on GFGA,  

I am unsure of where my Skill set(s) and or full interests lie. But I have prevised experience with 3D (Modelling/Animating programs.  Over some 6 years I have been introduced to a number of programs/applications.
I’m more at home with modelling and animating, as I can’t do texturing in Maya. I am capable of modelling ‘props’ and characters, as well as character designing.

My drawing style is mostly a cartoony-realistic. I try to avoid giving an “Anime feel” in my drawings.

For my final year on Interactive Media at Leeds City College, I made a 7-minute animation for my FMP, where I worked on it for 7 weeks solo. This meant I had the challenge of:

Planning, character/ set/prop design story boarding, modelling/texturing/Rigging/animating/rendering

Here is a Small list of programs I used and why

*[MMD] (Miku Miku Dance) –a program where you can download pre made models of VOCALOID and animate them… I used it mainly to make small animation test/”funnies’ method of animating in [MMD] is manual. Meaning I had to animate each ‘Bone’ separately 

*Blender 2.49b- 2.9– is a FREE 3d modelling and animation program, it preforms just under Maya… I have used Blender for 6 years and will still continue to use it along side of Maya, with blender I am capable of modelling a “human’ rig it, texture it and animate it with minimum problems

*Maya 2012-2014– I’ve used Maya for a year now, I find it simple but annoying to use at time as I occasionally will mix up its short cuts with Blenders but it take me a little longer to model something.

[Update]: I have gained more confidence with using maya,.


*GIMP 2.6-2.8/Photoshop. I have used (and still use) GIMP for digitally colouring hand drawn drawings and texture mapping for Blender/Maya. I am more comfortable using GIMP over Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment