Friday 23 May 2014

20: Cyan-co ShowReel

I present to you Cyan-Co’s (My) show reel from the last two academic years. The show reel mainly focuses on animation (I hope) since that the corny plan I wish to follow (again I hope).  So in this Show reel you will find clippers from The Brothers’ Revenge, the Machinima project we just finished (well a week ago), and an animation X vs Y form last year *mumbles under their breath, and a MP related animation*

At times I am overly critical of my own work, but hey that’s normal right? The one to make it is always the first one to find fault, this made is somewhat difficult to pick the “good” bits from the animations to use, for example Brothers revenge, it’s a 1 minute of animation and it can do with some serious re working to smoothen out some of the “glitches”  so I picked the parts with less “glitch”  and my favourite part, where we look into the  wolfs eyes and we get a mini flashback to the younger brother, this part might only last 5 seconds, and was a last minute decision but I like it.



The only problem I faced with the show reel was the turn tables of the Troll and Alien, even though when testing with single renders the entire model was visible. Yet when I batch rendered it acted like they was a strong light in their face and not on their back, therefore part way into the turn tables they basically fade to black, I tried adding a light, and stills am thing fade to black. I was making the show reel last minute well 11pm - 4am. So I had little interest to “iron out the kinks”




No comments:

Post a Comment