Friday 23 May 2014

17: Normal


As said, I have every intention on entering 11 second club, and they are no rule about what characters and/or programs you can use. So in theory I could use the ones I made for Responsive, but that wouldn’t work, since when I made them, the idea was they wouldn’t speak, so they have a very basic face rig, damn,,

But that’s ok, 11 second Club has several links to pre made rigs/models, I I downloaded a few, Morphius and Normal, after playing around and making them pull some odd faces, I come to the conclusion that Normal would be  more fun to use.

Humm Norman has a blender version, but its rig is just messy,, well its decided, Maya is better,, for this fight anyway, points go to Mayas Rig.. so anyway, Norman

Noramn is a free to download and use model/rig for use in animation, if desired and the knowledge you can make custom Normans, like some people have already. I personally like the Default Norman more. . Norman is Pre Rigged with both FK and IK contains in his arms and legs, for ease of use with sliders, 




For me I prefer to use IK chains in the arms, for faster posing, I find moving each bone in the arm is just a bit too messy. However saying that, IK chains work from the base to top,  in the case for the legs, its hip to toe, and as for the arm, its shoulder to wrist,
But there is a problem, an IK chain can’t be move higher then this base point, well it can, but weird things will happen, like the elbow flipping beyond its limitation (think double jointed) so that’s a thing to look out for.




The Norman model has Control bones for almost every area of his body, and each control has an array of sliders that can change things like length, size, and visibility. His face Contoles also have a selection of controls, with these you can create an array of emotions and if needed you can even pull of a luny tunes kinda “eye poping out of the skill” kinda thing.. or the classic cartoon Jaw Dropping thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment